What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 8 May 2009

I'm back ....

Well I'm back, a bit battered but coming through it OK. I want to thank all my friends for their kind words and sincere thought in my loss, they have been much appreciated and I love you all.

This is a long entry, got alot of catching up to do ....

Like I said previously I'd attended the PaperArts - Cleo Jarvis Workshop on 25th April, took me just over an hour to get there, and 2.5 hours to get back - but that another story.

The workshop included two projects one LP layout with mini book attached, and a 1/4 circle mini album, both looked very complicated,m but has with anything once you sit down and you have been given instructions, its not that hard really.

Cleo runs and owns Bellaboo online store, which I'm a frequent visited to, and she produces some amazing layouts, so here is the first one - done on a old LP.

I choice to do photos of my son from a recent visit to Webbs Garden Centre, and print them in black & white.

She incoproated a mini book on the front, which had more photos and the journalling.

Another thing that she love to do is add texture, hence the lace and distressed edges, stitchings.

I added the grudgeboard elements when I got home, and I think it just finishes it off. Have you also noticed the "Wicked" punch - got from Stampin'Up which looks like your torn the papers from an spiral bound book - very easy to use.

The next project was a mini album, again Cleo style is different, why do a square, when you can do a circle, with scallop endings and all the trimings eh!
Well this is what the end results looks like. Again I printed my photos in black & white and used some pink to give a bit of colour.

front cover



My next entry is my Circle Journal (CJ) which I signed up for before Easter over on the Scrapagogo site, (I just love this site and their kits that they produce). Wasn't sure what I was signing up for but throught it would be interestingand fun and would give me something else to introduce into my scrapbooking/craft.
The idea of the CJ is to pick a topic, my is "A Proud Moment", and produce a layout entry based on your views of the topic, but using Scrapagogo kits for that month and then pasting it onto the next person to complete their entry. Ending up with a CJ with 10 entries with various views on your choosen topic - IYKWIM.

Front Page

You have to write an introduction, and put your likes and dislikes down, has this was my 1st CJ I didn't put any dislikes down, because I wanted the others in the group to be free to use what they wanted, and has the main elements are from a Scrapagogo kit I know that I wouldn't be disappointed.

My entry - Wehn I won a trip to France with Virgin Vie, and my team mates who also went.

On the tag, I put my journalling.


At the back of the book their is a section for the girls in the group to sign in, I die-cuts some tags added corresponding ribbon and slotted them into the pages.

Thanks for stopping by ... have a great weekend

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jackie, glad to hear you're coming through this. your projects are amazing, and the photos of your son are just gorgeous. hope to see you on thursday, we've missed you :)