What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Sunday 10 January 2010

1st Layouts of the Year & Decision Time

I've finally been able to complete some layouts and come to a decision, which I'll explain later in the post.

This is one that I finished off, I didn't put a title on it, because I keep changing my mind, so I've left it at Soar -as in - you make my heart soar - something that I often things when I see James.

Die Cut with a View



October Afternoon - Very Merry

A few weeks before Christmas I found some negatives and got them added to a CD and they are of James early years - brilliant, alot that I had forgotten. On looking at this I not sure about the buttons, but its too late now.

Scrapagogo November 09 Kit

Scrapagogo Dec '09 Kit - me and James at my MIL, and using some of the December GoGo hybrid - I love using these, just need to find out out to change to colours and I'm sure I'd use them more.

Scrapagogo December '09 Kit - This is a first for me - doing 6 x 12 layouts. Don't get me wrong, I have done them before, but they have always been done from a class and I must admit I love them - will be doing more this years.

And my final thing is this MDF minibook by Kaisercraft, I got this before Christmas specifically to add some photos of James. All the photos are ones I've printed off thoughout the year and not used and where just hanging around, so what better way then to add them to a mini book.

I used Fancy Pants - Rough & Tough Collection and other bits and pieces.









Which brings me onto my decision - I've got so much paper supplies, that I'm going to try and not buy anything for the next few months. I was in my craft room over the weekend, and looking at all the lovely papers etc I've got and made the decision to either use it or lose it ... and has I don't want Jon to throw it out, I better use it - LOL.

A good thing is that I'll be away for the NEC in March and Ally Pally in April, which will make sure that I don't spent money that I've not got, thus avoiding temptation. Over the past few days, I've been thinking about this, and checking out peoples blogs, and noticing 'old' layouts with papers from 2008/2009 most that I've got and realised that even if the papers are last years the layouts are still good, so why not use what I've got.

So I'll be checking out all the new products from afar and waiting for my Scrapagogo Kits to arrive, which have always got new releases in.

Back soon ....



3 comments:

Claire Crompton said...

Omg Jackie I'm not sure I would last one month let alone a year!!!. Goodluck with it though.

Cx

Mel @ ATDML said...

Jackie - you left a comment on our blog, can you drop me an email Mel@atripdownmemorylane.co.uk as I don't have your email address. Thanks, Mel x PS As a shop owner I can't possibly approve of not buying any more stash but as someone who has far too much in my own stash I can see your point!

Debbie H said...

Another thing to think about is that if the paper is the most up to date release when you scrap the photo, it will be dated when you look back at the album in 20 years time anyway, something completely different will be a la mode then, so good plan. Let's see if you stick to it!!