What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Monday 22 March 2010

Happy Monday ...

Just a quick one today, uploading 3 of the 4 layouts I did yesterday. I say, 3 of the 4, because when I came to take a photograph on the last one it needed 'something else' so I will try and add later and upload when I can.

Yesterday was my Solihull crop, and I took along loads to do, that the problem with tiding my craft room and getting page kits together I've ended up with about 20 page kits and not knowing what to do first.

Anyway, I took along my March Scrapagogo kit, full of goodies, so I managed to produce 2 layouts so far, with about 4 more ideas on how to use it -LOL.


This is a scraplift from one of the Srapbook Trends Magazine - not sure which month - sorry.

Story behind the photo - At the Nuneaton/Cronkhill Retreat last November we had our last day, dressed in a certain colour, I was silver and called myself "The Sliver Shadow", we all had a laugh and we have loads of photos, is full poses, which I will add at some point.

The 2nd one I did, I will upload later when I've added something else to it.

Then I found this kit, from Bellaboo April 2009 - with lovely Cosmo Cricket Lil' Man Collection. I'd totally forgot about it, and I just love it, still got loads left so watch this space for some more layouts.

Anyway, the whole layout came from seeing the chipboard cricket set, which I got from Craft Emporium. I've inked the Cricket bat and wickets with 'Albaster' Chalk Ink and clear embossed about 3 times, I've had the Albaster ink for ages, and everytime I looked at it, I wondered, why did I get that colour? - now I know why - LOL. It worked really well.


Then I did this one using Cosmo Cricket - Joy Ride Collection, photo of J & J playing a game of Destinations - which is aboard game about driving around Birmingham City Centre. We still have the game and its has become a family favourite.



Did you notice that I've tried to stay about from using Kraft paper has my background cardstock, I getting used to.

I was out with a group of my friends on Friday, and one remarked that she had recently brought a caravan and was looking forward to touring England with her family. She has wanted one for ages and she has even joined the Caravan Club, not sure what they do in a Caravan Club, but she seems to be pleased with it.

Anyway, made her this quick card, hope she likes it.


Have you noticed the tag ' Let's GoGo' , didn't really take noticed until I'd stuck it down, would be great for my 'GoGo' March Retreat Book, I'll just have to go and get another one eh - LOL.

I've got my tool bag packed and just need to double check my photos for the weekend, got a busy few days coming up, so trying to stay on top of everything.

And tomorrow I've booked myself in for a facial, I'm a qualified beauty therapist, and used to have them on a regular basis, but has time has gone by, things have just taken over and weeks past, then months and before you know it it been a year, anyway they where having a special offer at the local Beauty Salon and I've booked myself in for a transquility facial. Then after Easter one of my therapist friends will be doing a hopi candle treatment on me, with hopefully, if time permits a quick massage. I will have to return the favour, but that's what it all about. I know I have 'ME' time with my scrapping but this is completely different and I hope it will help me to relax and feel less stressed about things.

Thanks for stopping by...



2 comments:

imperfectly natural mama said...

Hi,
I love your scrabook pages, I am from Birmingham origionally! I noticed you have "Serendipity" on one of your pages which made me notice, because my blog is called Serendipity child!

Caroline and Jayne said...

You have been very busy xxx Well done nice projects
We have a competition running atm where you can win a years free crafting magazine subscription check out www.fiskarettes.co.uk
Jayne xx