What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 13 April 2010

No Internet and Retreat Catch-up

Oh No, my broadband crazed, just had I wanted to do an update on my Retreat. I must be using it too much eh - LOL. Anyway, several phone calls to India, they can only come and fix it after my holidays. So this is a big catch up - which will be done over the next few days


Follow on from Scrapagogo Retreat - everytime I’ve been on one of these I say that it can’t get any better, but they do ‘tweek’ it and it does. the shop was simply amazing, I kept going back and saying “I’m just passing through’ each time getting some more to add to my stash, and I complete blame Sam, who was producing was amazing layout with a few bits and pieces from the shop and I had to have them.


I was with some amazing ladies on my tables, 7 of them from the Crops I attend, and Erica from Leeds - she sat up next to Sam and Sheena, but came along with us and she took this picture for us.





taken by me



taken by Charlotte


We had so much fun, that we have planned to repeat it all again next year, and a few of us are coming back in October, with the possibility of us all travelling down in a minibus, something that I will have to look into over the next few months.


So I did take some of my purchases from the Retreat with me to Sheringham to hopefully complete some layouts, and get a start on my minibook of the Retreat, the cottage that we stay in only has 4 channels, so not a lot to watch at night, so I was able to produce 6 layouts and my mini book (photo to follow) - a first for me finishing it in the first month of coming back.


One of Sam’s ‘things’ is to cut things out of patterned papers, Jillibean Soup has a sheet that has bird houses/beach huts - can’t quite decide what they are, but they are great cut out and added to your layouts. As is American Craft - Dear Lizzy Collection.


I feel really pleased with myself because I’ve managed to used really all of the papers, and having just a small amount of stash to work with has made me not want to save it, why do we always save paper because it ‘nice’.





This is a layout that I've been meaning to complete for ages, of DS and his Grandma baking at Christmas, James was very intend on reading the instructions to Grandma to make sure that she was doing it right, (little did he know then that it was not the actual instructions to bake bread - LOL)



Another one, photos taken last year on our way to Norfolk, because James can get car sick I sit in the back, which results in me falling asleep along the way, and everytime I wake up this is what I say.


Cosmo Cricket - Joy Ride

Thanks for stopping by..

3 comments:

Winnie said...

Sorry to hear your internet is out of action. Hope it gets fixed soon. I love the LOs you did on the retreat and it was good to hear that you had a good time. :D

Sam Ball (aka sammyb) said...

Totally adore your 'smile' layout - yay for cutting out ! ! ! xxx

Anonymous said...

lovely LOs Jackie, can't wait to be with you March 2011! xx