What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Monday 9 August 2010

A Girly Weekend ...

in Preston, was just what I needed, catching up with my friends, we classed it has our 'pre holiday' get together.

So I drove up to Preston on Friday, went to visit my mums grave and spend some time there, boy I so miss her being around.


On the way to my friends, I drove pass my old infants/junior school, so I pulled the car over and took a photo, I would have love to go inside, but it was all locked up.


Then went to one of my best friends house, to be greated by my niece who had to come back from her holiday early, her boyfriend had to come home due to a family beheavement. So we went for lunch, and had a laugh. She is so grown up now and it hard to believe that in 2 weeks times she will be 18.




Then it was back to the house to get ready for our night in Manchester. Christine decided that she needed some hair extension, so funny ,so her daughter obliged by putting them in.




We ended up getting the train to Deansgate and hitting some bar, all in preparation for our holiday in 4 weeks.




Then on Saturday, after a lay in (didn't get up till 11am) which is so not like me. Me and Chris (the blonde one) went to Preston to do some shopping, and of course have lunch out.

Then back home to get ready for a 'family' get together and to celebrate Ian (Jayne partners) birthday. So more drinks, laughter and planning what we are going to do when we go away. We are going to Benidorm again, we just love it there, and after watching the comedy series 'Benidorm' we are planning to visit the island for a day, which is just off the coast.

Jayne relaxing.

Kath & Jayne in deep conversation.

Ian - looking so surprised when we all sang to him and produced his cake.

I didn't take as many photos has I would have like, mainly because I wanted to enjoy myself and not be bogged down with taking all the photos, but I did manage to get a few.

Then returning home on Sunday, I visited 'Inspiration' which is a craft shop in Preston, they mainly concentrated on card making products, but had a few bits in, eg Tim Holtz, Cosmic Shimmer, Cutterbug, Martha Stewart punches etc, so it was worth having a look at the products and seeing a few of the demonstrations that they where having in the store.


Then stopped off at the QVC outlet shop in Warrington, didn't get anything but it was worth a look and, then I stopped off at Ikea, was looking for some brackets for my craft room but couldn't find them, so will have to have another visit, I finally got home around 4.30 very tired but very happy that I'd had the opportunity to spend time with my friends having some me time.

Hoping to get some crafting done this week, so will be back later in the week to share.


0 comments: