What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Saturday 4 September 2010

Back to School

On Friday was James 1st day back to school, I really can't believe that he's now in Year 8, this last year has gone or so quickly, and and has much has I love him getting more independent I am missing my 'little boy'.

So here are his yearly photo at the front of the house.



And one with my friends son, who started at the school this week.

So I had not intended to blog till after I came back from my hols, but the other day I went 'blog hopping' and over on Vicki blog she had done this, after some thought, I said to myself 'why not', I can take some tags on holiday and write each day and I know I will have load of photos to add.

So last night a put together my Shimelle - Learn Something New Everyday (LSNED) album. Like Vicki I started it last year but didn't get far, I can even remember how far, but I'm upto day 4 and with day 5 - 14 tags packed I should get at least half the month done.

I've used Shimelle and Vicki envelope idea (and what a great idea it is), but with mine I've done all the fronts the same, I just know if I had to think of 31 different designs it would never get done in a month of Sundays - LOL.

My supplies were
  • Cosmo Cricket - Earth Love, Nutmeg, Boyfriend & Early Bird Papers and Chipboard
  • Envelopes (from stash), which measure 5"x5"
  • Fiskar border punch
  • Stampin' Up circle punches
  • brown ink
  • Use Stamps
So I added 3 or 4 used stamps, and 3 or 4 circles, inked the edges of the tags, and added a stripe of border punched patterned paper, which I added to each envelope.







As you can see with this one I added my lesson learnt, and there is enough room to add other embellishments etc and add a photo in the envelope later.

Tag reads - Going to the playground is just has much fun as when I was younger, proving you never too old to have fun ... this refers to the day I spent with James on his last day of the Summer Holiday.


Please call back ...

1 comments:

VickiA said...

I scanned your blog and thought...ooh that looks familiar! LOL. Great idea isn't it using envelopes and thanks for linking to my blog! x Glad to see you're all relaxed after your jollies!