What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Scrapping and Baking ...

I'm slowly but surely making a dent, or be it a very small dent into my stash, so with that in mind I being trying to use up my Studio Calico kit, instead of them sitting there and me ohhing and arring about the lovely kits, so here is what I produced with the July 2010 kit.

The photo was taken on 'Peacock Island' and the journalling refers to even though we had a great time on the island, it wasn't a good idea wearing flip flops to climb to the top.


This is me on the plane, going over the Spain, the photo hasn't come out that well, but you get the main idea.


Another one with no title - but the photo is of me and the girls in Spain in 2008.

The large border punch is by Fiskars. I made the bunting myself, and add the scallop trim around the edges using a Fiskars border punch.

Then on Sunday at the Exhall Green Crop, I did two class layouts using Cosmo Cricket - Material Girl. I love doing class layouts when you learn a new technique, this one was using paint to stamp with, something I had ever done and wouldn't have either thought about it to be honest.

Thickers - not included in the class kit, but went well with the colour of the stitching.


The following layout is nothing like the class one being taught, I think the only thing that the same is the papers being used - LOL.

The photo was taken early this year at the Botanical Gardens. I had taken the shot using my tripod but when I printed the photo, I cropped and separated the two of us, I think it works better.


And this is card I did for Izzy, Julie's eldest daughter - I hope she likes it.




I love this 'birthday' stamp - it one of the new ranges from Stampin' Up - available after 1st October. Can you also see the mini tag punch and stamp - another from Stampin' Up.

Then I did a bit of baking this week, all with home grown products, apples from Nana's garden, hand picked by Jon & James, blackberries from my garden - hand picked by me. I did add a few raisins.



Before


Before baking

Just out of the oven


and yes it was scrummy ...

And I leave you with a photo taken this afternoon in my garden, hoping it will be one I use at the GoGo Retreat at the end of October. The colour of my top will work well with one of my class choices - LOL.



Thanks for stopping by ...


4 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Wow,Jackie you've been busy,all your LO's are fab as usual. Ooohhh that crumble looks so yummy,that's my favourite pudding.

Laura said...

Gorgeous layouts Jackie, I know what you mean about trying to use up SC kits!!

My fav is the one of you on the plane, love the layering on this one!

L x

Sarah xx said...

Hi Jackie, what a wonderful set of layouts, you have been busy and they are all really fantastic - I love travel themed pages, and the colours are so bright and summery! Love them!! xx

Winnie said...

Wow! Look at all those LOs!! Well done. They're all really good, and I'm glad that you're managing to finally make inroads into your stash. The baking looks delicious! Apples and berries, yum!