What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Saturday 9 October 2010

Benidorm 2010 Albums

Bear with me, because this post is a long one, and one that I'm really happy with,

In a bit of a rush I've managed to get my friends holiday albums ready for them to collect when them visit me on the 9th.

I just love how they have turned out, and I will let you know what my friends think when they open them.

So working with a holiday template from Skrapz, I cut out the base of each album, and added October Afternoon - Road Map pattern papers to each of the pages.

For the cover, I got a A3 sheet of thick frosted arylic from Paperchase and cut my covers so that they would fit the words and adding a bit more support to the whole album.


I stamped the right hand side just to break down the harshness of the front cover and added Thickers to the outside of the album.


For one of the charms on the front, I added these flip flops, which was a key ring I got from Spain and cut up.


Waiting for the coach to take us to the hotel


Photos of our hotel, the room with the orange towel was Kaths and mine and the one on the left was Christine & Jaynes.


On the plane going over the Spain



Got these 'Airplane' paper clips from Paperchase - I just love that shop.


Then I added a few extra pages, and using my border punches to give each page abit of interest with some of our beach shots.




Then a did a mini book to add to one of the pages, again using my border punches and added some of the scenery shots I took, along with ones of us have a Chinese.






If anyone watches the ITV programme 'Benidorm' do you remember when the Dad was riding around Benidorm advertising 'Mobile Wheelchairs' for Mel new shop, well I nearly fall on the floor laughing when I saw this guy on his bike, he was advertising the Benidorm Palace.



I added a postcard that I had posted back to my house from Spain.

Then a collage of some of the scenes around Benidorm.


For Kath albums she has got extra photos, has we went on a boat trip over to 'Peacock Island' - the sticker represents the fact that we hiked to the top hill in our flip flops which is definiately NOT a good idea.


I included another mini book/strip, with single shots of us. Used October Afternoon - Road Map Journalling Card, Tim Holtz tickets, I also punched out a mini envelope and inked the edges.




Pull the tab and this pulls out ....



I used my Tim Holtz Rosette Die to add to the layout, this mainly was to cover where the 'Y' had broken off, and because I had added papers and photos to to final page when it happened, I did want to throw it away and start again. I also embellished the centre to give it some more detail.



Now I can start to get on with my own album now, which I'm dong 8x8, doe some of the pages already just need to add photos and put together, so hope to get started on that some.

Thanks for looking,


2 comments:

Candace said...

Oh Jackie those album are gorgeous. Sure your friends will love them

Sarah said...

absolutely stunning, Jackie, what a friend! x