What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 29 October 2010

My Retreat Badge and the Scrapagogo Getaway Begins ...

So today I was up at 5.30am to make my way to Cheshunt for the 5th Scrapagogo Getaway, A very early start but I hope the weekend will be worth it, these Retreats have not let me down so far so I doubt this will be any different.

After the journey down car to the local station, 3 trains changes and a taxi ride I arrived at the Hotel at 12ish, very tired but happy that my weekend of fun can begin. Obviously, I couldn't book in till 2pm so I relaxed in the bar and had lunch, then I went for a walk around the grounds, the Autumn colours are just amazing and looking forward to sharing some of my photos over the weekend.

By the time I got back to the reception people were beginning to arrive, it great to meet old and new friends, especially good to meet up with Beki and her Sister Claire, Chloe and the DT team.

So here are a few of the photos from around the grounds.

The Tree House, A great construction, but all locked up, we have in the past had classes in here, so I might be able to get some additional photos from the steps/room etc.



The lovely Manor House part of the hotel, I hope all those cars go away over the weekend, won't look good in the photos later.












My room, 717 not a good view from the window but a lovely room nevertheless.






So now I share with your my badge for the weekend.

So for my badge, has it was Halloween I decided that I would do a suitable badge along these lines. My first idea was to have a pumpkin shaped badge, but when I saw Nicki's Sizzix Haunted House Die I know I had to make one of these instead, complete with bats (grudgeboard), pumpkin & spider - sizzix.

So alot of paper piecing was involved but I think it was well worth it.



I inked and heat embossed the bats grudgeboard - which I have had for ages and ages, they are out of the Seasonal Grudgeboard pack, I didn't want them to look too smooth, so when while still hot a moved each shape to they had lumps and bumps.



Pumpkin & Spider - Sizzix



You can't really see from this photos, but I used some cloud shapes as a mask to highlight clouds going in front of the moon - IYKWIM.

Then when I was thinking about what Scrapagogo had said about the design of the badge, I realised I hadn't included 5 of something, to represent the 5th Getaway, so I added 5 tiny stars.


I would like to thank Nicki for the use of her dies, Julie for providing the goggly eyes (spider), Morag, Nicki & Julie for their comments, which I asked for, and completely ignored - LOL. Thanks girls you all rock.

I'm so happy how it worked out, I hope you like it too.

Thanks for stopping by ...

4 comments:

Emma said...

It all looks fab jackie!! That badge is really cute, have fun!

VickiA said...

cool badge Jackie. Have a fabulous time!

Rachael Elliott said...

Jackie hope you have a fabulous time I am soooooo jealous! Badge looks great too :)

beksynormz said...

OMG Jackie, I never realised the whole weekend that you were in the room next door to me!!!! I was 716! So was that you I could hear snoring?????