What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

My Best Workshop Ever !!!

Well hello everyone, I'm back in blogland, I have been scrapping, will upload over the next few days, but just wanted to let you know about my fabulous but very exhausting Friday in Newport Pagnell with the master distresser himself Mr Tim Holtz. Artsycrafts, which is a combination of Paperartsy and LB Crafts, had organised a two day event with Tim and themselves doing classes, and I was lucky to get a cancellation just before Christmas, to attend the Fri am session.

Leandrea and Lin - ArtsyCrafts


So I drove down to the DeVere Hotel in Newport Pagnell on Thursday afternoon, not really knowing what I was letting myself in for, but excited about learning something new. Anyway, as I was on my own, it was great to meet a lovely group of ladies that allowed me to 'gate crash' and joined them for abit of shopping and our evening meal at the hotel, as well as sitting with then in the classes.

Dee & Nikki




Bethan & Janet


Thanks ladies, it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope we meet again


I enjoyed a lovely evening meal in the hotel





Anyway on the the classes. Our first class started at 8.30am with registration from 7.30am, so at 8.15am we took how seats and after a brief introduction from Leandra, Tim stepped up and did his bit, WOW, WOW, WOW ... it was definiately the best workshops I've been on, and I hope that I will be able to do alot more.



On our table we were greeted with this, a Configuration box, papers, inks, distress pads, mists, tissue tapes, sandpaper to name but a few ..





1st we had to decide how we what design we wanted are boxes to look like, them we sorted the papers, added the tissue paper and distress.

Then we got our mini bag of goodies,



And after alot of trying to think where to put things, I ended up with this.


(Click on photo to enlarge and see more details)




I used one of the tissue tapes to add February to the jar.



Grundgeboard, inked, sanded and distressed ink over the top - I did 2011, 'J' and 'art'



How cute is this bird cage



Wasn't keen on this armless doll thing, but quite like it in the end.


I can't believe that I managed to finish the complete box within the workshop, all I had to do was add the feet when I got home.

Then the day wouldn't have been complete if I didn't have my photo taken with Tim. Tim is such a nice man, nothing seemed to be too much for him, even having is photograph taken over 200 times and signing his autographs he did it all with a cheery smile.




And then getting a photo of Mario (in his famous shorts and cap) another lovely man, and the main person who oganised all the kits and made sure that they were shipped on time and generally keeps Tim on track.


A few of the samples Tim had done ...



Then after lunch and another trip to the shop and meeting up with Nikki from my Solihul crop, (she was in the later class) it was on to the class run by Lin and Leandra in the afternoon, which involved this ...





Messy hands ... I do not do messy, and it one of those things that even thought I didn't like getting my hand dirty I really enjoyed it and can't wait to do all it again. It's a bit like when I go on classes that have loads of cutting out to be done and fidderly bits I always love the end results and I'm always grateful to be shown something new - lol.

Well this class involved ink, paints, stains, metal, sanding, trinkets, chain, grundboard ... all things that I seen being used on other peoples projects, and some of the products I've even got but never but to use, until today.

So after 2 hours this was me with my finished project ...







Onto what I got from the shop - (apologies for the poor quality of the photos - took in hotel room - really bad light)

Tim Holtz 2011 Stamps


PartyArtsy 'Hot Pick'


Metal Art items


Tim Holtz products




right that all for now, thanks for stopping by ...



4 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Love how your box turned out,what a great day we had !!!!

Sarah said...

gorgeous, gorgeous projects. and the man himself!!! see you soon x

Sheena said...

Looks amazing Jackie x
Glad you had a great time x

VickiA said...

I'm sooo glad you enjoyed getting your hands mucky!! I knew you had it in you. Your configurations box looks great.