What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Remember to Read the small print

Remember to read the small print. Unfortunately, I've just had to make a cancellation to a booking I made earlier this year for an event that is 6 months away. I knew that I would lose my deposit and an admin charge would apply, but a charge of £40 to cover admin charges was a shock. In this time of recession and everyone having to tighten their belts I was stunned to say the least.

I don't even understand the theory behind it, if my place is not sold on, then they have a got payment for nothing.

If my cancelled space gets filled, then by deleting my details and adding the new ones would surely not take longer than half an hour.

I just wanted to remind everyone and hope you don't get yourself into the same mess financially has I have, and not have to explain to DH about my finances :-(

So to try and re-coup some money back, watch this space has over the coming weeks I will be selling a large amount of my stash off on here, at my local crop and eBay, eg stamps (wooden & clear), cardstock, pattern papers, embellishment, nesties, sizzex dies, buttons, ribbons and lots more.

I was told that scrapbooking was an expensive hobby - and boy they are so right.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

The Crafty Caryn said...

That "small" print will get you every time...sorry to hear it happened to you.

If your selling any Bazzill cardstock...let me know.