What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 21 December 2012

Christmas Cards & Gift Wrapping


I think I say this every year, I must start to make my cards earlier, or give up on the idea and buy them, and this year is no exception.  I had the great idea of doing several small batches of different designs perhaps 10 of each design, but it didn't work out like that.

So I started off with these.






And has the saying goes 'I just wasn't feeling it' ended up sending a photo to my friend Julie, thanks for the advice love, and I was alot happier with it in the end.


So then I decided to make this my main card design, the stamp is a Molly Blooms one that I got from Funky Farm Scrapbook Barn when I went to their opening weekend in November, love it and it stamps really well.  I stamped and embossed and even got my Pro-markers out, they had to be dusted off has I've not used them for a well.  I die-cut the image with a nestabilities die, and the red dollies was done using my cameo. A selection of papers from my Christmas box, ribbon from Stampin' Up and Wilkinsons.










These wood veneer shapes again found in my Christmas box that I added to the front 







I ended up only making a few and then I gave in and bought some from the shop.



I did manage to make some gift bags, nothing fancy but I like how they have turned out, I purchased plain some lunch bags - stamped over them and added a tag




close up of the tag - stamp from Hobbycraft, Christmas washi tape, and ribbon & bells from stash.













I have done a few additional cards that I will post next week when they have been handed over.

I hope your Christmas preparation are all sorted by now and you are starting to wind-down (or up - lol) for the big day.

Thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

Kiana said...

All the cards are so pretty. I really like the tags and the stamps of the word art Merry Christmas. Gorgeous.

Sunshine Girl said...

You managed more than I did! will start to make my next years cards in a couple of weeks though which is always a relief when it gets to November!