What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Thursday 7 March 2013

Holiday Mini Books

In a few weeks time my In-laws will be going on holiday to New Zealand, so I did 2 mini books for my niece and nephew - I not sure how much time they will have so I did a simple version that they can just add a word or two each day.  Here is what I made

This album is for my 8 yr old nephew, I used a Maya Road album that I had.  I did the title myself on my Cameo and the cut file of NewZealand was supplied by Studio Calico in one of their classes.




I did several pages that fold out, where he can add a postcard, journalling or a photo









then I added some envelopes, that I stamped, these are for him to add any bits and pieces he might pick up on the way







Accompanying this album, is two plastic wallets, the first is small



and it contains : jounralling cards, a mini pen, washi tape, 



A close up of the journalling cards




and some fancy paper clips.



the 2nd one, is this one



and contains a mixture of die cuts from my cameo, a set of mini alphas.





and these A5 sheets, as you can see I've stamped the days of the week at the top and he can use them to  add more journalling, and insert them into the envelopes at the back of his album.







And this is the one I did for my 4 yr old niece, I also did the same plastic wallets for my niece.



This is a simple 6 x6 version- cardstock stamped and room to add photos, postcards etc.




the stamp on this page is a CoCoDaisy one that I borrowed from my friend Sue.




I hope they like them and that they can find time to add a few notes along the way  about their amazing adventure.







5 comments:

Bernice Hopper said...

What a fabulous present. I do hope they let you blog the results when they get back.

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh they are both lovely - I must get on with mine too!

Sheena said...

These will be superb for recording their holiday memories x & they look even better IRL xxx

Sharon said...

What a lovely idea - so important for children to keep diaries when they travel when they are young. My children are 23 and 25 and still love to look at their summer holiday diaries from when they were young. Precious memories. What a kind auntie you are.

kate blue said...

what an awesome gift...and all the thoughtful touches! Love the journaling spots and the paper clips...super cute!