What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Saturday 15 June 2013

Alpaca Farm visit ...

Sorry for not having any updates for  a couple of weeks, so now you are going to be inundated with what I've been up to.  Don't worry I'll spread it out over the next few days.

So as well as normal life, I've had a few days out and about with friends, first was a morning visit to Toft Alpaca Farm, with Sheena.  Sheena had got the booking via Groupon as a gift for me and her to enjoy a day together.






We were given a guided tour around the farm, and just look at these cuties, these were about 6 months old and very friendly



as you can see from this photo, they came right up to the camera and wasn't scared.




These babies were a few months old, and were very lively, running and jumping around the group





I even feed a few along the way




Then on our return to the farm, a baby one had just been born,









After about 10 minutes of so, the other mothers, gathered round and assisted it onto its feet, albeit a little wobbly, it was just lovely to see the others taking care of it.








This one was about a week old.




Then we made our way inside to enjoy a much needed cup of tea and some homemade scones and jam.




We were even given the opportunity to do a spot of knitting using the Alpaca wool, each square was going to be sewn together to cover a model reindeer in time for Christmas.





This was my contribution


 Then we had a look around the shop








Then we had a wander around the village, 






before finding a lovely pub, where we sat outside and had some lunch.




It was the first time I'd been to an Alpaca farm visit, and one that I would do again.  Thanks to Sheena and the lovely invitation to join her.

I'll be back a few day with more updates.


1 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh looks like you had fun - I am debating booking a day out there to hear a talk by Kaffe Fassett in July - still undecided though.....