What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Project Life August 2013 - Part 2

I'm back with more August pages.

You will have noticed that I don't keep to the traditional design of project life, but I tend to do my own thing, yes it has become more of a photo journal and it doesn't bother me that I have several pages some months, and other months only have 4 page protectors.  I mix my page protectors up, especially when I know I will be doing something different throughout that month,    I love going through my albums and seeing the different designs and how it all looks and I know my family does.  You can see the mixture of page protector on this post.

Anyway, let get on with my August pages.

For this month, has it was a jammed pack month I decided to type the journalling cards, which worked out really well and differently speeded up the process.


We had another week in Sheringham, Norfolk.  The journey down was different this time has James had chosen to travel with his Grandma.







We had arrived in Sheringham for the end of the Towns Carnival Week so there was a fantastic fire eating display over the boating lake,




as well as a amazing firework display over the golf course



Sheringham has it own Lifeboat and on the Sunday they had a 'open day' where the lifeboat crew did a demonstration of what they do, it also involved the Lifeboats coming from Cromer to join in.

On the afternoon they had a Lifeboat service, honouring the crew who had serviced in the past and the present crew.
Later in the evening my and my mother in law when to the open air church service on the prom and watch the sunset on a beautiful day.





Just a few snaps of around the town, and James enjoying his Fish & Chip tea.



I love the effect of the chalkboard designs, so I made a collection of my own.




I visited Blakeney Point to do bait of seal watching, I've been serval time before but this was the first time I got to see them so clearly, and it was lovely to see the cute pups.




On the way back I stopped off at Cley - which is famous for it smoke house, where I purchased a few items for our tea - which was yummy!   I also stopped off at the famous Cley Windmill for a break.




 Then we spent time of the beach









Then we had a 2nd visit to London, this time with Jon, and we managed to fit in a visit to Paddington to get a photo of the Gromit, then it was off to Greenwich to the Maritime Museum - what a great place and one I will going back to, before too long.




We even took a cruise down the Thames and a quick walk to Buckingham Palace before heading home.  Again another fanatics day in London.







I then visited Chatsworth County Fair, my first visit and one that I would highly recommend and one I will be returning to in the future.

I watch the 'Dancing Diggers' display in awe - one definitely to see, watched how the tine ponies moved so quickly around the arena, got up close to some lovely birds.


Another chalkboard stamp - stamp Ali Edwards



Watch a cooking demonstration by Mary Berry & Alan Titchmarch, walked around the fairground, watched the hot air balloons being inflated - they couldn't take off has it was the wrong air!: watch the bands doing they displays and go an autograph from Sir Seb Coe.



So that was our August, we had a fantastic month and loved every minutes of our various days out.

Thanks for stopping by.



1 comments:

Michelle S said...

Gorgeous! Love ur PL