What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Charity Crop Layout - 11 May 2014

Earlier this month I was asked to teach a class (along with Julie)  at my local crop for a Charity, the event was organised by Morag who also works for the charity and I was really pleased to be asked but at the same time was very nervous.  You can find out more above the Charity here.  The day raised over £700 - yeah !!!



Photographs by Morag Cutts


We was given the Basic Grey Capture paper collection to work with, but has we had to work from the one collection, we had to separate the papers and this is what I came up with with my papers.  Morag's brief was to show techniques, so has you can see I think I added quite a few on here - using various punches - circle and borders; paper piecing; die-cuts; templates; stitching.





I cut a pocket template from the silhouette, and use it to make a pocket, to hold the mini book.  The 'love' circle is a die




The mini book  could hold 4 or more photos, I just added two, and used some stickers and patterned paper to embellish.



The inside of the mini book, 'Happy' die from Technique Tuesday.

I also included a die-cut heart (Studio Calico) that they stitched.





Even though the day was very busy I really enjoyed it and thankfully I got a lot of positive feedback from my class, and was so glad that I was given this great opportunity and hopefully will be asked again in the future.

Thanks for stopping by.



1 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

Lovely LO. The stitched heart is fab.