What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 26 June 2015

New York Layouts

Whilst I'm still buzzing about going to New York I decided I better get some layouts done, whilst things were fresh in my mind.  So here a few I've done so far.

Big Yellow Taxi - this was going to be part of my June blog post for Hey Little Magpie - but I went off the design I was intending to do and ended up not using many products from the store, so I kept it back to share on here.

So has you can see, it started as a messy background, using gelatos, and embossing paste, stamps and inks, I even did some dribbles  of the ink and then I ended up covering it all up, but eh oh! that life and I'm so happy how its turned out.  I did mount the photo on some of the Pink Paislee - Atlas 6x6 pad

So this is me on 6th Ave, hailing a taxi back to our hotel.




The title is a silhouette cameo file, and the taxi print is actually fabric that Sue and Barbara got whilst we where in New York.





and you can just see a some of the distress / inked / stamped background




The arrow and washi tape are from Freckled Fawn, and the stick is a Jillibean Soup one. 








Another silhouette cameo file - the statue of liberty and the 'good times' is a steel die.






For this second layout I used a photograph taken at the top of the Rock, using Shimelle - True Stories collection




This globe die and map stamp is from Technique Tuesday - its smaller than the Shimelle one, so fitted better onto this layout.





This paper was just crying out to be cut apart and the phases used - as you can see - take a little time away' below.





You can see some more of my New York layouts that I've finished here


thanks for stopping by...


0 comments: