What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Tuesday 9 June 2015

New York, New York Part 6 - Central Park & Empire State Building


Then for our last full day in New York, we went to Central Park, and what an amazing place it was, to think you are in the middle of one of the busiest cities in the world and this park is totally tranquil and relaxing, our first stop was the John Lennon Memorial - Strawberry Fields,  





which was in the view of the hotel where he lived and died, and were Yoko still lives.



Then we walked around the park and took in some of the amazing features and lovely lakes.





We found the Alice in Wonderland Statue, which was stunning and even better in real life to look at.








Then it was time to do some last bits of shopping, so we separated again - and Julie and me went to Tiffany's and I spent my birthday dollars on a lovely key necklace.







Again, another quick turnaround back at the hotel and off we went to the Empire State Building.





The view from here were impressive, especially that we could see a close up of the Flatiron Building, which wasn't far from our hotel.




Thanks for sticking with me, and reading about my trip, one last day coming up soon.  Then I will share some layouts I've been working on over the past weeks.









0 comments: