What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Thursday 21 January 2016

All Change for my January 2016 HLM blogpost

I know I'm not the only one to do this, and mange to save the layout without throwing it into the bin in frustration.  So for my HLM January blogpost I decided to use this lovely collection from Basic Grey - Type Set .


For my birthday Julie, had got me a manual typewriter, oh how I love it, not used it yet ! but I've stroked it a few times and took loads of photographs - as you do.  




Anyway, having this paper collection I know I had the perfect papers to document my lovely gift.  I had decided that I would use a couple of smaller photos down one side of the page and set about putting my layout together.

The layout came together relatively quickly, but then it came to the title - something that I sometime struggle with.  And when I'd finished I know I hated the title and the position of it, the saying everything, and everything was 'super' struck down - ahhh !!!

Title says ' Hello my beauty'





So after my initial panic I asked for advice and I got a few replies, saying the title was OK, and then Julie suggested added some more words underneath what I'd put already.  Great I thought, so left it on my desk for a day or two to decide what to do with it - without throwing it away.  

Then I came up with the idea if I work really slowly then I sure I can get the struck down letters off and perhaps in someway cover over the mess.

The chipboard came off easily, but the alpha stickers didn't as you can see - ripping the paper and even leaving the backing of the alpha stickers on the page.



When I first started crafting as a card maker,  the lady teacher, Ann, showed so how to removed glue from your paper with an heat gun  from the back - and it worked, but I was still left with the 'ripped areas'

This collection comes with a sticker sheet and the large one fitted over the 'ripped area' perfectly - I added a large wood veneer from my stash, some mini alphas from Jillibean Soup and the lovely Thickers from a Dear Lizzy Collection.



And my page was saved.

Here are a few close ups 




The collection also had some lovely flair badges.




The full blogpost can be found here.

I was so glad I was able to save it as I was running out of time for it to be uploaded.

I'll be back soon


0 comments: