What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Saturday 12 March 2016

Like For Ever Retreat Class

I was asked to teach at the first Like For Ever retreat, and you know what its like when you are asked, and it always seems like a fab idea and I got really excited, then the panic set in and I thought OMG! am I good enough? can I do a layout that others would like to copy?, yes I've taught at our charity crops before, but that with people I know and at my own crop, so even though I was nervous at the time, it didn't feel me with panic.  But I soon settled down and grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

I wasn't given a brief to work from and basically I could do whatever I wanted (within reason), so I choose to do a 12x12 page and an accompanying project life divided page protector.


I decided that I wanted to use some of the many photographs I had from my holiday last year to Central Park, NY.



The paper are from Pebbles Jen Hadfeld - Everyday Collection (here), and embellishments from Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes - Shine Collection.



and a few close up of the 12x12 page.










I also decided to use Becky Higgins Page Protector - Design P, which have 4x4 pockets and randomly added photos of our 'Day in the Park'.




I used a mixture of photo sizes for the inserts, as well as having a few of the pockets with no photos.




I designed and cut this  out on my silhouette cameo for each of the delegates.  Well I actually designed a  2nd version,  as I couldn't decide which one l like best the other said 'A Day at the Park'.


I tried to add some variety to some of the insert, so for this one, I made a pocket for one of the inserts and added a tag, as well as some hand stitching around 2 edges.



This one I just some of the chipboard shapes and stitched around the edges.



A combination of the chipboard shapes and gold foam stickers.




Then as an added bonus I did the reverse of the page protector.

The class is simple in design, but I do hope that the delegate enjoy putting it all together, and like me get some of the many photographs that we take of one event.

I will be back shortly with some photographs of the weekend and hopefully if I manage to finish any layouts I will upload those as well.

Happy scrapping x


0 comments: