What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Friday 25 March 2016

Like For Ever Retreat - Layouts

Hello everyone, I'm back with my layouts that I managed to do at the retreat, as well as teaching a class, I ended up completed 5 and one half finished, which is a lot for me.

For all of these layouts I used kits from LFE

Love New York (January 2016 kit)





This was a scrap lift from a layout that Morag did, and when she saw it she didn't even recognise that it was, as I had used totally different papers.


I cut the title from white cardstock and colour blended some Tim Holtz inks over the top


I found this wood veneer piece, already embossed in my box which went perfectly with this layout.


Let's Celebrate (January 2016 kit)



I love how I captured my champagne glass and the wing of the plane in this photograph, and even though I've used this photograph before I wanted to give it its own page.  This is a 9x12 size page.  Patterned papers from the kit, with bites and pieces from my travel stash.











Found the perfect stickers for the page as well, from Shimelle True Stories collection.


Today (March 2016)


   


This collection is from My Minds Eye - On Trend2 - I wasn't keen on it when I saw in on screen, but when I got it, it was better than I thought so, as I've got a backlog of kits to cut into I decided to get struck in right away and create another 9x12 layout, which came together really quicker and will be used as a filler page within the album, as it doesn't really have a story to tell.



Again found some words and stickers that suited the photographs really well.



Love the gold heart piece - which is from the Becky Higgins - Project Life - themed card pack


XOXO (February 2016)





This was the layout that Julie designed as her pillow present, so it came with all the cardstock and I just added patterned paper and bits and pieces from the February kit, and also changed it around to suit my style.


Leave Room for Magic (August 2015)




This was one of the challenges, again something I struggle to do when at retreats, but has we had the 3 challenges before we got to the event, I found it easier to prepare for it.  So for this one I cut out the phase on white cardstock, and backed each letter. The papers are from Crate Paper - Wonder collection.

I cut the white cardstock down slightly and mounted it onto some Kraft cardstock, as this will be going into my Harry Potter album and I've used Kraft Cardstock with all those layouts.






Thank you for stopping by again, hope you like what I did whilst away.   








0 comments: