What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Thursday 10 March 2016

Morag is 50

Today is my lovely friend, Morag 50th birthday and a few weeks ago we all got together to help her celebrate her upcoming birthday.

We had planned a few surprises for the weekend, but first we made a very early start and travel to Coventry, to attend a workshop by Finnebair, at Daisy Jewels and Craft in Coventry.  A lovely little store that is tucked away on an industrial estate, but is packed with loads of lovely goodies.  The class started at 9.30 and was jammed packed with techniques and we all got messy and really enjoyed ourselves.


The contents of the kit


Here Barbara getting a closer look at one of the many techniques we were shown today.


me adding some finishing touches to the front cover


Then amongst all the painting and messiness we surprised Morag with a birthday, she was shocked.



And then before you know it, the workshop had come to an end and just time for a quick group photo with Finnibair before we headed over the Tamworth for lunch



This is my finish front cover - I'm really pleased with it.  Something completely different to how I normally scrap.


We enjoyed a meal then onto the next stage of the weekend.  Opening presents at Barbara's




First up was her album, we had all produced a few pages to add to it.


Noticed the box of tissues - proving it not just me who gets emotional.



Julie had done her an amazing boxed framed photos, of our visit to NY last year, it was completely stunning and again Morag was emotional.



Sue and Barbara did it again a lovely handmade quilt, we all loved it.




We did a few party games which were hysterical, 



Then before the night was over we gave her her cake, made by Jean, Barbara sister - isn't it just amazing - the camera is make from chocolate cake and the base is lemon.






She even put a photographs of us all in NY on the back - genius idea.



Then on Sunday it was time to get our scrap on, and the girls did a layout I'd done my blog post at Hey Little Magpie in December (here).  I used Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers collection and a photo of us standing in Brooklyn.




We had a good selection of cakes for our coffee break,


Then it was time for Julie to teach us her layout, she made for the weekend


Isn't it fab, different cut out words and backed with patterned papers, with a small photo of our view from the top of the Rockafellar Centre.

I didn't do this one, but will be doing it over the next few weeks.  I will do a blogpost next week of the layout I did instead.

Half way thought this layout, we stopped for lunch, M&S Roast Christmas, new potatoes and salad.




We ended the weekend with 2 completed layouts, a full on workshop and loads of happy memories.

I will end this post wishing my lovely friend, Morag a very Happy Birthday, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your weekend with us and I wish you all the very best for years and years to come.

Much love xxx







Thanks for stopping by x

0 comments: